TheHoldersRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated the Holders Series based roleplay.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm

The red head smiled at Michael and tousled the wolf’s fur, feeding it another cookie right after. “I’m glad you agree with my idea, I’d hate to do without your permission.” She said grinning mischeviously. The woman wasn’t joking either, she would have done it with or without consent. It’s not that she didn’t respect Michael’s opinions, she just had a tendency to do things her own way, regardless of the consequences. She jumped up to a standing position, her hair bouncing slightly as she held out a scarred hand. “Might I borrow your cell phone sir? I can call us a truck!” She beamed at him as he handed it over and flipped it open to dial it. “You go ahead and round up whichever kids you want, I’ll meet you guys out front!” she turned her back to him an dialed a number, putting the phone to her ear as Michael left to gather everyone. She quickly arranged for a U-Haul to be left for them at the circus. She hung up the phone and began to get her things together. Why had that silence gotten weird at the end? Something seemed to be bothering Michael, just slightly. She would have to ask him about it later. Elata threw on a jacket and her boots and made her way to the entrance to meet everyone.

The ride to the circus was fun. The temperature was perfect and they all talked a lot. Elata told more stories about her circus friends and performances, and the children who came with exchanged other stories in turn. She really enjoyed being around them. The red head quickly ended a story about being saved by Dhaval when she fell from a trapeze and almost died when they finally came upon the circus. “Woo! Let’s do this everyone!” she exclaimed hopping out of the taxi they had all taken there. The U-Haul trucks were waiting and she ran up to check them, making sure everything was in order. The circus stood before her, empty and quiet. She always thought it looked very ominous when it was empty. She surely wasn’t the only one. Popcorn, fallen streamers, and all manner of trash still littered the ground, blowing in the slight breeze. Balloons that had been tied to posts had all fallen to the ground as the helium wore out of them. The tents loomed above everyone, casting large shadows and obscuring places in almost complete darkness. Elata shivered just a bit and moved her hand down to pet the wolf. It wasn’t her object but it certainly did follow her around a lot, probably because Michael also seemed to be around her a lot lately. “Okay everyone, gather around!” she said calling everyone to her. They filtered over to her and she gestured to two yellow tents towards the back. “Those are our kitchen tents! Each one has a stove, blender, toaster, all sorts of stuff really. We also left all our cooking supplies there so if you wanna get flower or sugar or anything else feel free!” The red head handed everyone a large white and blue laundry bag. “You can all put the small stuff in these. Go for it!” she said clapping her hands and jogging off to the furthest yellow tent. The wolf frolicked after her, yipping and panting. She laughed and raced it to the tent. She loved the thing so much, what a wonderful object! She did wonder something though. She couldn’t for the life of her remember what color Ivan’s eyes were…
Back to top Go down
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Why did Michael feel so cold?

The children all gathered as many supplies as they could, threw things at one another; balloons, powder, flour, all manner of messes were made. Even Jasper, who sulked about with the group, cracked a sardonic smile once or twice.

Elata guided the children, and led them happily with the Wolf by her side. She sang songs, and told yet more stories.

She was one of the happiest people there that day.

That was why Michael felt so cold.

He wished he could feel so happy. So carefree. But the Objects were all consuming, and his worry got the better of them. There would always be another enemy 'round the corner. Love and emotion had no place in such a world.

And yet Michael did long for them...

Moreso than his wish for revenge against Muramasa, for killing his brother. He wanted to return to the time before the Staff of Hubris. Before the Claws killed Alice. Before a monster killed Ivan.

Before a Staff killed him.

He tried his best not to look depressed, but the images which the Holder of Loyalty's test left with him lingered in his mind. Among the happy group there that day, Michael was most sullen, save for Jasper. He tried hard to forget what the Holder had shown him. But a sigh and a cold wind made him remember, and he could not enjoy things.

Not as much as Elata.
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Fun was indeed had. It took a couple hours but they loaded and gathered everything they could fit into the truck and hauled it back to the construction site. Another two hours at the site and the unloading was complete, but Elata had to return the trucks. She helped unpack everything and then clapped her hands together, smiling brightly. "Well, you guys can probably hook everything up, I'm still not sure where everything goes anyways. Meanwhile, I think Michael and I will go return the truck, as long as it's alright with you all." she received various replies of affirmation and whisked Michael out by the elbow. "I can drive~" she sang as she hopped into the drivers seat, starting up the engine. She had some talking to do with Michael. While everyone was enjoying themselves at the circus he seemed to be lost in unhappiness, and she was going to fix it, she hoped. He climbed into the passengers seat and she drove for awhile before asking "so...what's wrong with you? You seem so sad but everything is going really well. I'm worried." she looked over too him with much worry indeed in her eyes. He shouldn't be sad about Ivan as he was basically here now, and they had just gotten a bunch of new stuff for the kids. Maybe he really REALLY missed his beard? She had no idea. Upon thought she realized, it was probably what happened with the holder. She kept forgetting he hadn't gone through many trials of that nature, and it probably affected him greatly. She put a comforting hand on his thigh. "Is it the holder trial? You can talk to me about it if you want to." she gave him a small comforting smile.
Back to top Go down
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:04 pm

The man looked off into the distance. He saw the sun setting. It made him feel sinking, as if sinking with the sun.

"Yes, well...I was tortured. As I told you." He took a deep breath and shook his head. "And then the worst of it was inflicted by the person I most care about in life. The Holder of Loyalty. That was who took that form." His voice was pained. Something on the edge of his tongue wanted to be said, but he knew it could never be said now.

Seekers just weren't able to do what Michael wanted to do.

He pulled Ivan's trench coat around his shoulders and looked away from Elata, shrugging. "I was hurt badly by that. I wish it weren't so, but it happened. And now we have my brother back, don't we?" His voice was bitter and cold. He did not like that anymore than the Holder did.

He felt his body sting with pain. He didn't want to continue talking.

"That's all I wish to say to you...all I can say. To you..."
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Elata was very worried for him now. She hadn't heard his voice so bitter yet. She didn't know if he was usually like this at all, oh she wished she had known him longer. Even though he didn't want to talk about it, she felt like she had to get it out of him. "You know, if you keep whatever is bothering you all bottled up it'll just hurt you later. Not to mention everyone else will notice you aren't doing well, and they'll ask you what's wrong and you wont' be able to..." she turned back to the road. What right did she have to bother him about this? Maybe he would tell the others about it, he'd known them far longer than he'd known her. She turned and smiled at him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't make assumptions about you. We haven't known each other very long. I really need to stop poking my nose in you know? It gets me into trouble." She kept the false smile on her face as she drove, but she felt horrible. She had really done a lot to this person that she had no business doing. If she hadn't taken his staff away, he'd be fine...an arrogant asshole, but fine nonetheless. She sat in silence with him for awhile, her energetic aura notably diminished. After awhile she even stopped trying to smile.
Back to top Go down
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

"The-"

He began to interrupt the stifling silence which enveloped the truck, desperately wanting to see Elata smile again. For this, he felt worse, and couldn't stand the feeling of disappointment he felt coming from his friend. His dear friend.

And that was it. That was just it.

He had no idea how to put it. He had seen something within the Holder's test which made him reevaluate everything. Certainly, he had expected a much different test than he got. For, just like the story, everything was the same.

He went in and had to find a person, ask for the Holder of Loyalty. He had to go through a war-zone, until soldiers captured him and believed him to be the enemy. His trial was to endure endless pain at the hands of the soldiers, at the hands of the Wolf of Loyalty...and at the hands of the Holder itself.

Herself.

It cracked his fragile heart, which was weakened b the Staff's former hold over him. He had no idea how to put it. And now, because of his silence, Elata was feeling worse than ever.

What right did he have?

If he and Elata weren't Seekers! Then, perhaps...

It was onset by this thought. It came faster than evern Michael had anticipated, spilling from his mouth. A shout of utter desperation and uncertainty.

"The Holder of Loyalty took the form of the person I most care about! The Holder took your image, Elata! You!"

His breath was ragged, and the silence began anew.
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Elata jumped at the sudden phrase and the truck swerved. She quickly regained control of it but her face betrayed her shock and surprise. "Uh..." she had absolutely no idea what to say for a bit, she simply stared forward with wide eyes. "Wait, what?! Me? That doesn't make any sense!" she clapped her hand over her mouth. That was probably a mean thing to say. "Well I mean..." she groped for words. What do you say in this situation? She had certainly never been in it before. She took a couple breaths and tried to smile, but she was too confused. "Well....why?" She decided that was the best thing to say. "Yes. That's what I want to say, Why? I don't really know you that well..." this was a thin line she was walking. She didn't want to make him feel like he shouldn't have feelings, or have someone have feelings for him, but honestly, she was quite confused. Yes, occasionally he made her heart flutter and he made her blush but she hadn't put much thought into anything of that nature, she never did really, which was probably why she didn't keep her boyfriends for horribly long, not that she had been with very many. Something else struck her though. "and...well why does it bother you that it was me? I mean it's obviously...uh...odd and unexpected I suppose but..." she did smile at him finally. She wanted to let him know she wasn't mad or anything.
Back to top Go down
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Michael shook his head. The Wolf whined.

"I don't know why it was you...I didn't know that I cared so much either." His sigh was long and exasperated. He was tired of himself, he must have been coming across as mopey. Not only that, clearly Elata would not return the feelings. He knew that in the back of his mind.

And truth be told, he wasn't sure he felt anything at all. He had seen her, and suddenly the feelings had sprung up. So he told her what he essentially thought. "The best theory I can come up with, is..."

Another sigh, and he leaned his head back against the seat. He was so tired. He wanted the Staff back, even though his theory said it had caused this mess.

"Is that the Staff wiped all my emotions prior to it...and then, you were the first person I met after I had the Staff taken, so...you were, by default, the person I care for 'most'."
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 pm

"Aaaahhhh. That makes sense." she said smiling. She gave his hand a quick squeeze. "Well no reason to be upset, dear. I'm sure that's it. And I'm sure Ivan isn't offended." She pulled into the circus and parked the truck, jumping out of the driver's seat. She came around to his side and soon as he got out she gave him a tight hug. "Don't you worry! It'll all be alright." She stayed attatched to him for a bit before calling a taxi again. As she hung up the phone she turned to him. "You know it's not a big deal. Try not to worry about it. And I wasn't offended or anything at it, just suprised. Especially since we began our friendship by me yelling at you." She patted his back and looked off into the distance, crossing her arms in front of her and waiting for the taxi to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas   An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An Abandoned Constrution Site, Los Angelas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2