TheHoldersRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated the Holders Series based roleplay.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvela's Profile

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Name: Marvela
Alias(es): none
History: she is the daughter of a powerful demon. she has been alive since humanity appeared. It is extremely hard to track her due to her father's standing.
Appearance: Porbably Lucas' wet dream. Pale skin. long straight, beautiful black hair, very curvacious body, full red lips, and dark grey eyes. she also occasionally has black feathered wings, long black claws, and fangs, but only when she wishes to show them.
Personality: she is a very serious woman, but likes to make subtle jokes, and isn't beyond smiling when she is pleased. she has a very seductive aura, but is undeniably evil.
Objects: the delete key
Weapons: several spells, claws, two scimitars
Abilities: she can do magic easily, she can access all your secrets, and can control all black colored animals. she also has powers of seduction as she is part incubus. (succubus i guess really, since she's a girl)

If you don't want to accept demons i understand, but just thought i'd give it a shot!
Back to top Go down
Inerio
Admin
Inerio

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm going to have to decline.
Earlier today a friend who wants to join this later pitched the idea of a vampire to me and I declined. If I let in any other mythical creatures I'd be a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
https://bangbangbang.forumotion.com
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:54 pm

any ideas for reasons that she'd be immortal then? i can just make her a really powerful magician or something
Back to top Go down
Edeatsyourface

Edeatsyourface

Location : The one realm that even He Himself dares not tread: the hellhole that is Phoenix, Arizona.

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Inerio wrote:
I'm going to have to decline.
Earlier today a friend who wants to join this later pitched the idea of a vampire to me and I declined. If I let in any other mythical creatures I'd be a hypocrite.
Typically, mythical creatures=nono. The daughter of a demon's been done before, and (not to put too fine a point on it) it sucked. Demons and such don't really relate to the Holders "mythos" at all. I'd recommend being less "mainstream" about it. Also, there are plenty of humanoid Holders (and Objects)- why not have them be your character's parentage?
Back to top Go down
Inerio
Admin
Inerio

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Ed, you beat me to it.

The Holders series is a pretty original series in itself and is home to a cast of unique, odd, and often disturbing characters.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're unoriginal. However, the character that you created seems to cookie cutter. Sure, she may have a lot of femme fatal edge but it seems too much like a stock character.

I'd hate to see a good and creative writer like yourself using a character archetype and layout that just seems a bit too "done".

It's because I like you, not because I'm trying to be a hoity toity bitch.

Last edited by Inerio on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm not trying to be mainstream, the demons in my head are a lot different from the demons in most peoples'. Also I'm aware it's not usually done, that's why i said she could reject it, and i'd understand. Excellent idea about the holder thing though! I didn't think about that. Smile I only started with the demon thing because the character is originally a demon in my head. Elata, Adrian, and Dhaval are originally angels, and Ciaran is originally a god. However since Marnin got accepted, and we have things like the artificier and the anomoly, i thought a demon might fly. but i guess not XD. so i'll try the holder thing, i'll start looking for something that could be her father XD.
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:56 pm

holy crap actually does anyone have any good holders for a recommendation? XD; this list is very long
Back to top Go down
Damascus

Damascus

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Aww man she could totally be the Daughter of Devotion if only a random writer hadn't started the series. Not sure if we'll hear from the writer again though... Half the writers who start series on the site vanish after their first one or two chapters.
Back to top Go down
http://devreynolds.webs.com/
Edeatsyourface

Edeatsyourface

Location : The one realm that even He Himself dares not tread: the hellhole that is Phoenix, Arizona.

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Inerio wrote:
Ed, you beat me to it.

The Holders series is a pretty original series in itself and is home to a cast of unique, odd, and often disturbing characters.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're unoriginal. However, the character that you created seems to cookie cutter. Sure, she may have a lot of femme fatal edge but it seems too much like a stock character.

I'd hate to see a good and creative writer like yourself using a character archetype and layout that just seems a bit too "done".

It's because I like you, not because I'm trying to be a hoity toity bitch.
Precisely.

And really, the only way to sift through all the stories is just to hit "random page" a million times. D:
Back to top Go down
Tanaquil117

Tanaquil117

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Well i'm sad that you decide to judge her before you get to see her in action, and also because someone else made a shitty demon character, apparently i will as well. She's not really that femme fatale, she just looks like she is. She's not some stupid murdering seductress.

*fans self* i need to cool down. marvela is in my head getting all offended XD;;; i don't think i want her to be deovtions daugher :/ i'll try finding another one.
Back to top Go down
Inerio
Admin
Inerio

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:14 pm

In order to prevent further argument I'm locking this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvela's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvela's Profile   Marvela's Profile Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvela's Profile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheHoldersRoleplay :: Characters :: The Rejected-
Jump to: